Skip to main content

A Worn Path Reflection

The story "A worn pathof Eudora Welty is about an old African American woman named Phoenix Jackson. Jackson went out in the early morning of December walking trough a long path
Phoenix walked that path since far out in the country until she arrived to the town
While she walked slowly trough the path trying to arrive to were she was heading she encountered various obstaclesfirst she tangle with a bushthen she had to jump a fencethird she thought she saw a ghost and it was just scarecrow and fourth she bumped with a white man that didn't wanted to let her continue with her destiny because he thought she was too oldbut she continued anywayWhen she bumped with the white man she saw that from his pockets a nickel had fallen and she stole that nickel from the man even though she knew thatthat was not rightWhen she finally arrived to the town she entered trough a door and a women asked herher personal information and Phoenix just stood there without saying anythingFinally a nurse that knew her and came out and asked Phoenix why was she here and also how was her grandsonbut Phoenix had forgotten all of that.  The nurse was patience, but after a while,she gave Phoenix some medicine for her grandson.                            


Because it was Christmas the nurse offered to Phoenix some pennies and Phoenix said that if she gave her 5 pennies that would be a nickel so the nurse gave her a nickel and phoenix said that was going to pay for her grandson windmill made of paper  This shows readers that the smallest thing can lead to the biggest thing. After that she said she was going to walk to her house until she arrived and her grandson and he sees what she had got for him



For me it was impressive how this old woman had walked that far and besides all of the obstacles she had encountered in the way she never quitI liked also how important was for herher grandson and bringing him such simple present in Christmas with that appreciation and happinessThis story can teach us all to appreciate all we have and also all of the simple and little tings in life tooAlso it teaches readers that no mater the obstacles in life we never should give up because at the end we would find a prize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Purple/Day2

After today’s reading I have realized that some people are horrible people. Fonso treated Celie as if she was an animal and not a human, as if she was not his his first born daughter. It also showed the trials and tribulations that one experience back then and how women had no voice. It also taught me that some people will risk themselves for the sake of others. Day 2: Today started off horrible, I woke up with a migraine for the 4th day in a row. I wasn’t going to go to school today but I had to, can’t be missing Mr. Rease class because I can’t fall behind, too late in the year to slip. I really missed ty, I didn’t see her all day and I didn’t get sleepy in Mr. Rease class today.  I’ need to get my act together before college.

Color Purple/Day 1

After reading letters 1-7 I have realized the evil within humanity. Celie was humiliated and sexually assault by her father, a man who is supposed to be a protector and provider took her innocence. Celie lost her mother and doesn’t have a father. This touched me as a reader because rape is a serious act and women all across the world have experience rape and do not say anything because of fear. Day 1: Today was quite interesting. Mr. Rease came back and class was quite interesting and I am really feeling this book! But I am excited to see where this book will take me. Titeana on my mind all day and she make me happy and she needs to be in class more.

Introduction

    Hello, my name is William Blake.  I am a junior and I attend Ben.C.Rain High School. I have many hobbies/extracurricular activities I enjoy. My favorite hobby has to be JROTC. JROTC has taught me many things that I can use in life and has offered me many opportunities. I am also apart of Ben C. Rain's football team. My coaches have taught me a lot throughout the season and I use what they have taught me and I apply it to my everyday life. My last hobby is being a member of the band. The band is excting, but it is not all about the music, it also teaches discipline and how important teamwork is. My favorite subject is History.  I like playing video games, working out, and hanging out with friends.  My expectations for this year is to: increase my GPA per semester, keep my grades at a A average, and to score a 30 on my ACT. I am excited to see what is the outcome of this school year!